[Coco] Introducing the next generation of Color Computer, the CoCo-X

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 18:02:29 EDT 2013

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013, Tony Cappellini wrote:

>>> There is a freely available IDE controller on opencores and
>>> they're easier to interface. Source: I've done both.

> IDE is too old, and the drives are not easy to find.

Not easy to find?  They're available for a pittance on surplus, overstock
and bargain sites.  And, probably will be for a number of years.  Keep in
mind that the proliferation of PATA drives corresponds with the period of
time where desktop computer sales arguably peaked.  There are gazillions
of them out there.

The only IDE/PATA drives that are in short supply are small ones.  But,
what's a little wasted capacity among friends?

Steve