[Coco] MC6847T1

john dumas JohnDumas at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 22 10:40:15 EDT 2013

On 3/22/2013 8:58 AM, Louis Ciotti wrote:
> You know I am wondering if the T1 variant was not a "custom" version.  At
> the very end of the MC6847(Y) datasheet there is talk about how to order
> custom ROMs.  Could the T1 designation be for (T)andy variant 1
No it was a standard production part......with the *MAIN* production
going to Tandy! I would not be surprised if it was not their request
that led to the T1. But if they were unwilling to fund the re-design/change,
MOT would make it a standard part. That mechanism was not unusual
at that time and place......

cheers,
johnd