[Coco] MC6847 ( Motorola DS9823)

Fri Mar 22 03:40:05 EDT 2013

Hi,

Only when we can compare the 6847 and the 6847T1.

Another interesting comparison would be the 6845 and the 6847.

Then comparing the 684X with the 6545.

Synertek always added features to one up Motorola. Perhaps the 6545 was pin
compatible with the 6847T1.

I got SN000001 of the 6809 adapter for the stock 6502 SYM-1. I had to get an
EPROM from Halted for Synertek to burn to fix a problem. I got FLEX running
after getting replacements for two (2) bad floppy drives. My hand entered
boot worked the first time with a drive that had a properly aligned head, it
just would not work with either of the two bad drives.

I went over to Synertek trying to get something as soon as I heard they were
sold and being shut down.

Everything had to be destroyed! It was a tax write-off.

Just like Haltek was closed down by Oracle (NO NOT that Oracle) for a tax
write-off.

Halted is still going strong! www.halted.com/

SHF