[Coco] MC6847 ( Motorola DS9823)

Thu Mar 21 22:53:12 EDT 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Pierce" <ooogalapasooo at aol.com>
To: <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] MC6847 ( Motorola DS9823)

> Since the real search is for the datasheet for the MC6847T1,

Hi,

My printed CoCo 2 Service Manual does NOT have the appendix.

I now have confirmed that I did not find a CoCo 2 Service Manual earlier in
the day.

I think that we did this same exercise a few years (Decades) ago.

I did find this in the July 1985 Rainbow:

---------------------------
. . . BUT WORKING ON IT

Editor;

Referring to Gary McConville's letter on
Page 8 in the May 1985 rainbow that claims
the new Motorola VDG chip (the 6847-T1)
is "pin for pin" compatible with the old 6847,
this contradicts the data my company has
received from Motorola. The information
about the 6847-T1 clearly shows it has a
different pin configuration.

Spectrum Projects is currently investigat-
ing a satellite adapter board to retrofit older
CoCos with the new VDG chip. The main
advantage of this new chip is true lowercase
letters instead of reverse video. Also, the
new 26-3 134B and 26-3 136B CoCo 2s will
fully support the double speed poke.

Bob Rosen

President, Spectrum Projects

Woodhaven, NY

No joy either with the alternate part number.

SHF