[Coco] OT Linux question

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Mar 19 23:16:32 EDT 2013

Same here, I use professional multi channel audio recording software and Linux just hasn't caught up yet, though Ardour in the 64 Studio 2.1 distro is looking better all the time. The problem with audio software for Linux is (from what I've read) there's so many "plugin" loops that tie various Windows and Mac type drivers into Linux, that real time recording suffers. There is development for "true" drivers in this area, but I need ASIO (industry standard for studios) and Linux just hasn't got the full support yet. I record at 24 bit 48 khz and sometimes 96 khz using up to 8 channels (soon to be 16) simultainiously and the overhead of Linux's audio system is just too much for this kind of recording.

I'm using the Linux box to test my latest Coco creation on the Linux Drivewire server. I needed to see if the program responded the same under Linux as it did in Windows. Now if I could just find someone with a Mac DW server and a 512k Coco 3 running NitrOS9. I really need to test this format. Anyone interested, send me an email

Thanks guys
Bill

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com