[Coco] XRoar Accuracy (was: Introduction)

Jayeson Lee-Steere cocolistemail at titaniumstudios.com
Sun Mar 17 12:26:33 EDT 2013

So Ciaran, XRoar is looking quite complete, what's next?

I got my Daggorath emulation running properly today and was quite surprised
and happy to find that the timing seems to be correct on the first try. I
think the key was carefully validating the CPU emulation and spending time
figuring out the H/VSYNC interrupt timing, both of which took quite a bit
of time. I made the emulation more generic that needed for Daggorath but I
just couldn't help myself, this is too much fun. I'm not the least bit
interested in making another general purpose emulator (XRoar is too good)
but I like the idea of making fully packaged releases of some of the
special games where licenses can be had.

- Jayeson