[Coco] stddefs.h (maybe???)

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun Mar 17 00:30:09 EDT 2013

Since the header file Bill was looking for had a definition for loop
this may be the header he needs.  I'm not sure where I got it... I
think I may have renamed it (its contents, frankly, offend me and
there's nothing standard about it.  I would not have left it named
stddefs.h if it was named that.)

----------begin-----------
/*
   Definitions for the "C" preprocessor
   From an article by Olin and Heath, BYTE, May 86

   Changes and additions by Mark Griffith

/*

/* Logical operators */

#define    AND  &&   /* logical AND                      */
#define    OR   ||   /* logical OR                       */
#define    NOT   !   /* logical NOT                      */
#define    EQ   ==   /* logical EQual to                 */
#define    NE   !=   /* logical Not Equal to             */
#define    LT   <    /* logical Less Than                */
#define    GT   >    /* logical Greater Than             */
#define    LE   < =  /* logical Less than or Equal to    */
#define    GE   > =  /* logical Greater than or Equal to */

/* Block control structures  */

#define   IF(e)       { if (e)
#define   THEN        {
#define   ELSEIF(e)   }  else if (e)
#define   ELSE        }  else {
#define   ENDIF       ; } }
#define   CASE(e)     { switch (e) {
#define   CASEOF(e)   case e : {
#define   DEFCASE     default : {
#define   ENDCOF      } break ;
#define   ENDCASE     } }
#define   WHILE(e)    { while (e)
#define   DO          {
#define   ENDWHILE    ; } }
#define   FOR(e)      { for (e) {
#define   NEXT        ; } }
#define   BEGIN       {                /* or START  */
#define   END          }               /* or FINISH */

/* This replaces the do...while loop in "C" */

#define   REPEAT      { do {
#define   UNTIL(e)    } while (e); }

/* This replaces the "loop forever" construct */

#define   LOOP        for (;;) {
#define   ENDLOOP     }

yuck yuck yuck way to make C into a bastard combination of FORTRAN and
Pascal. :-( But it may be what you're looking for.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard