[Coco] NitrOS9 Sources

Bill Gunshannon billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Mon Mar 11 10:38:30 EDT 2013

Two questions this time.

I have been perusing the source tree.  I see none of the Cloud9
hardware in there.  Is this deliberate?  Does Cloud9 not make it
available?  Not being critical as I am one of the strongest
supporters of IP you are likely to find.  Just wondered because
I have some of their hardware and will likely have more and I
do plan to do some playing with the sources.

And the second....  Everything is in assembler.  Is this also
deliberate?  Is it for maximum efficiency?  Is it philosophical?
Is it political? :-) Has any thought ever been given to re-writting
some/most/all of it in a higher level language (like C :-) and
making it portable to other platforms, much like what MicroWare
did when they developed OS9000?

bill

billg999 at cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |