[Coco] 2 wasted cpus?

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Sun Mar 10 09:39:37 EDT 2013

Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 13:36:31 -0500
From: Jeremy Michea<jmichea at bell.net>

All this technical jibber jabber, with different part numbers, Mhz, etc, is hurting my head. If a hypothetical clueless coco 2/3 owner (me) is looking to replace a 6809 and goes online to one of these sites, what would said hypothetical clueless coco 2/3 owner (me) look for exactly?

The important numbers are 6809E. For a CoCo 3 it should be a 68B09E. The letters before and after don't make a bit of difference. A 6309E or 63B09E will work as well. If there is an A or a C instead of a B it will work just fine also, in a CoCo 2 or 3. The "A" part is a 1.5MHz rated one IIRC. It might run a little warmer than normal in a CoCo3, but not enough to be an issue.

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine