[Coco] XRoar Accuracy (was: Introduction)

Torsten Dittel OS-9 at TRS-80.CC
Sat Mar 9 15:32:15 EST 2013

Ciaran Anscomb <cocomalt at ...> writes:

> http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/da/pal_coco_probe/
> PAL-patched Dragonfire is go :)  If anyone wants to play, here's a
> snapshot build of XRoar with the fixes:

Awesome! I haven't seen this intro screen for some 27 years or so. I should dig
out my other PAL demos / intros now, finally I could show this to someone (and
if it is just for emulator stress testing ;-)).

Strange enough, the blue line is shown twice in this IMAGIC logo
( http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/da/pal_coco_probe/pal-dragonfire-1.png ).

I would have bet, sweared etc. that I could show all 11 possible CoCo2 colors
here: the standard 9 black, "buff"(=white), red, green, blue, yellow, cyan,
magenta, orange plus the "dark green" and "brown" from the inverted text modes
(not in that order). So one of the blue lines should have been "dark green".

What do I need to download & run to see this on a W32 (Windows XP) machine? I
saw your tmp/xroar folder, but there are a several executables in it.

Best regards,
Torsten "DeppelVision" Dittel

PS: "DeppelVision" was the name of my one-man demo group in the 80s, invented by
a (non-nerd) friend, who wanted to mock me and my (demo) programming efforts - a
mix of "ActiVision", "Dittel" and "Depp" - which means something like "fool" at
least in southern Germany. Made me laugh, when I saw the picture today, I still
don't take me that much serious... ;-)