[Coco] 44-color display mode code images available

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Fri Mar 8 21:56:29 EST 2013

On 03/08/2013 02:11 PM, John W. Linville wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 01:34:42PM -0600, Joel Ewy wrote:

A trick I've found for bringing out detail in converted photos is to run
the original image through something like the 'cartoonify' filter in
GIMP.  This will draw dark lines and outlines where the detailed parts
of the image would be.  This helps when the difference between two areas
of the picture are in subtle shades of color that aren't well
distinguished in a relatively low color display, while still allowing
through what coloration there is in the picture.  Yes, it looks a little
more cartoonish, but it will anyway with this kind of display.  But it
does make it a little easier to see what the image is supposed to be.
This also works well when quantizing images to the CoCo 3's regular
16-color palette.

JCE