[Coco] 2 wasted cpus?

Willi Kusche CoCo at wilserv.com
Fri Mar 8 13:55:01 EST 2013

Hi!

----- Original Message -----
> From: Retro Canada <retrocanada76 at gmail.com>
> just got my 2 mc68b09e cpus from jameco. removed the defective cpu from my
> coco2, installed a machined socket but when i test both cpus all i get is
> garbled screeen. with vdg checkerboard and at signs. the same if i remove and
> turn it on without the cpu.
> i checked the continuity on all pins seems fine. cpu is receiving 5v and making
> some heat.
> so did i get 2 busted  cpus?

    According to Alex Freed, creator of a 6809 card for the Apple ][, he could not get the correct version of the 6809 from Jameco.  A description of the situation was posted in the comp.sys.apple2 Usenet group, if I remember correctly.  I'll have to see if I can find the message.

    I had to return some 6809 chips that I received from Jameco because they would not work in my Apple ][ 6809 card.

Willi