[Coco] XRoar Accuracy (was: Introduction)

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Mar 8 09:55:13 EST 2013

Jayeson
Ciaran has been doing a great job on XRoar. I have recently been working with it using NitrOS-9 as well as HDBDOS. Ciaran added the Becker port and now you can access 4 HDs using drivewire as well as the standard 4 floppies In the latest test version he finally added mouse support for joystick emulation.
Just last night, I was running Lyra on XRoar playing midi through Drivewire.
If I knew the changes needed, I would convert Lyra to run on Dragon 64 as well.
XRoar is becoming the most solid Coco 2 / Dragon emulation out there. Anyone who hasn't tried it lately needs to do so as it's steadily being up dated. He should have a new public release soon.

http://www.6809.org.uk/dragon/xroar.shtml

BTW, Ciaran was telling me he's having problems with sound/midi in Drivewire on a Mac (none). Anyone know a way around this?

Bill P

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com