[Coco] 44-color display mode code images available

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Mon Mar 4 09:39:52 EST 2013

On Sun, Mar 03, 2013 at 06:40:03PM -0600, Joel Ewy wrote:
> On 03/03/2013 04:44 PM, John W. Linville wrote:

> >Now, updated to work with PAL CoCo machines as well.  I _think_
> >that the PAL version might work with the Dragon 32 as well.  FWIW,
> >I'm also told that the existing _NTSC_ version worked for the Dragon
> >64, since it hides the extra hsync signals from the software...
> >
> >	http://vdgtricks.blogspot.com/2013/03/curiouser-and-curiouser.html
> >
> >Enjoy!
> >
> >John
> This looks very cool, John.  I intend to load your pics up on my old
> CoCo (1) and see what they look in person.  It might just be
> exciting enough to motivate me to figure out how to use git so I can
> convert some photos of my own.

Just to consume it, the commands are simple:

	git clone git://git.infradead.org/users/linville/vdgtricks.git
	cd vdgtricks
	make

You will need gcc, ImageMagick, and toolshed installed.  Just copy the
image you want to display to "test.jpg" and the build will take care
of the rest.  The Makefile has the details of how the tools are used,
if you want to do the conversions manually.

Hth!

John