[Coco] SuperComm and DW4 virtual modems

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 00:04:49 EST 2013

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 11:53 PM, Joel Ewy <jcewy at swbell.net> wrote:

>> Well, I installed a program called vttest, at which SuperComm is failing
>> pretty spectacularly.  I'm trying to remember if there were other OS-9
>> terminal emulators back in the day that might have done a better job at
>> pretending to be a vt100 or ANSI terminal...
>>
>> JCE
>>

> OK, I can already tell that KBComm (
> ftp://os9archive.rtsi.com/OS9/OS9_6X09/COM/kbcom.ar ) has better vt100
> emulation than supercomm.  The web pages and menus in links2 are rendered
> properly.  I think I'll be using KBComm, at least for now.

Good to know!  I've always used supercomm simply because it's in the
nitros9 cvs and it worked well enough for testing the basic
functionality, not because there is anything particularly special
about it.  The DW4 virtual modems should work with any OS9 terminal
program, so I can update the examples etc to recommend using KBComm or
whatever if you find it to be superior.  Please let me know how things
turn out.