[Coco] HDB-DOS

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Jun 20 20:08:56 EDT 2013

Bill wrote:
> Does anyone have the BASIC program that loads HDBDOS printed out? I found a
> disk with my loader on it, but it must be damaged. There are several
> statements that begin with ! 5 and I have no idea what they are supposed to
> be.

Bill,

The reason you are seeing !s is probably because you are trying to read a Coco3
program on a Coco1 or Coco2. Any of the Coco3 tokens will not be translated and
will give a syntax error in line #. When you try to list that line, you will see
a ! for the non-translated token.

Try loading the program into a Coco3 or at least an emulator. Then save the
program in ASCII format with
SAVE"FILENAME",A
Then you will have a program that can be read on any Coco although the same
lines will generate errors if this is a Coco3 specific issue.

Are you sure that you need a Basic program? HDBDOS in LOADM format should get
into memory as follows:
LOADM"HDBDOS":EXEC

Robert