[Coco] Added 2 More PCBs To My Breadboard Adaptor Collection

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Wed Jun 12 01:36:51 EDT 2013

Bill,
I have just received some Coco Cartridge Bus Slot Extenders / Adaptors from
my PCB fabricator.  A link to a picture in my dropbox follows.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/36iluj95b96u13l/Coco%20Cart%20Bus%20to%2040%20pins
%20Adapter%20Board.jpg
You can have want ever connector you like soldered into the 2 rows of 20
pins' holes.
I was thinking of making some available with a right angle 40-pin IDC
connector so it can be used to connect to a solderless bread board like you
are talking about.  Actually that is the very reason I had some of these
made in the first place.  I too want to experiment with creating some new
PCBs to give new capabilities to our beloved Coco.
I also just ordered a 40-pin IDC connector to pin header adaptor from ebay
to be able to use a standard 40 conductor IDE Hard Drive cable and link the
above mentioned adaptor to a solderless breadboard.  The link follows.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221147412021
With these three items, you can successfully connect any Coco's Cartridge
Slot to a solderless breadboard and experiment to your heart's content.
I also want to locate some Coco Cartridge Bus card slot 40-pin right angle
sockets like the one inside the Coco so users can plug a coco cartridge pak
into this PCB thereby creating a true slot extender.  Then you can
troubleshoot any Coco Cartridge Pak because you would be able to see the
whole board.
If you would like to make an order, please send me a private email so we can
hammer out the details.  Thank you.
Kip