[Coco] CoCo Linux Live CD on Android

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Jun 6 08:29:50 EDT 2013

Gene,
I was just quoting the website. I didn't think BT would travel that far. It also stated "line of site", so I guess your floor would break the line of site LOL
For my purposes, it would only need about 3-4 feet if even that far. It's more for the connection than the wireless function. The Android has only a mini usb used for battery charger and PC tethering and limited software for "real" usb functionality so plugging the serial into that wouldn't work (unless someone has an app...). The bluetooth connection works for the data conversion needed to connect and communicate to/from the phone and Coco serial.
My Motorola "Droid" has:

Video: HD 1080p quality (1920x1080) TFT LCD 16m colors
Sound: Full stereo play & record (dual mics) with SRS capability
Wifi
Bluetooth
Micro usb, HDMI micro
Full backlit QWERTY keyboard (slide out tray)
Touch keyboard (screen)
Touch screen
Dual core 1.2ghz, dual channel ram processor
16g internal ram
16g micro sd card
WLAN
8 MP camera on back, 1.3 mp camera on front
(much more)

And it all runs on a Linux based OS in about a 4 x 3.25 in package!
I think it could handle a DriveWire server AND a Coco emulator with no problems
Hell, it's more powerfull than the desktop computer I was running before I got this monster for the studio and has some capabilties that even this machine can't top without exspensive add-on cards.

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com