[Coco] Building lwtools and HG NitrOS-9 or NOT was ack

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Jun 5 09:55:46 EDT 2013

Yuck, let's use meaningful subject lines, please!

I finally got the latest lwtools to compile under WinXP using mingw and msys. I
did need to add carriage returns to the last lines of some source code files.

Unfortunately even having the latest lwtools, it is impossible to compile the
latest pure clone of HG NitrOS-9. For example even the simplest of attempts on
the LIB directory fails.

make: Circular sys6809l1.c <- sys6809l1.l dependency dropped.
make: Circular sys6809l2.c <- sys6809l2.l dependency dropped.
make: Circular sys6309l2.c <- sys6309l2.l dependency dropped.
make: Circular net.c <- net.l dependency dropped.
cd alib; make
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/nitros9/lib/alib'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `stimestr.r', needed by `../alib.l'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/nitros9/lib/alib'
make: *** [alib.l] Error 2

Where the heck did the references to .c files come from as they don't exist in
the repository?

I've tried using pure mingw and mingw+msys. I see that someone seems to have
been able to use cygwin, which I've tried, but have been unable to find any
cygwin command that functions with the makefile.

Can anyone post a simple set of instructions that permits compiling NitrOS-9
under a Windows system?

Robert