[Coco] ack!

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jun 4 11:36:09 EDT 2013

On Tuesday 04 June 2013 11:21:15 Christopher R. Hawks did opine:

> On Tue, 4 Jun 2013 05:53:05 -0400
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> > I am on the lwtools-port branch, and a repeat just now returns:
> > gene at coyote:/opt/nitros9$ make hgupdate
> > hg pull
> > Password:
> > pulling from ssh://gheskett@hg.code.sf.net/p/nitros9/code
> > searching for changes
> > no changes found
> > hg update
> > 0 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved
> >
> > So wherever it went, it is not visible to the lwtools-port branch.
> >
> > Boisy must be having hardware probs, I've copied to his home address
> > at t- boy.com with my concerns, without a reply.
> >
> > Note also that the commit message just below it says 'lwtools-port',
> > but that top commit says 'lwtools-port tip'
> >
> > I don't know enough about hg to know what that difference might mean,
> > but I suspect its now another branch.  Except 'hg branches' only
> > returns lwtools- port.
> >
> > So, until Boisy comes up for air, I've no clue where his commits are
> > going, but I can't pull them.
> > Cheers, Gene
>
> Gene (and all):
>
> 	I have revision:
>
> HAWKSoft(chrish)$ hg log | more
> changeset:   2829:ed9a4cb85fb3
> branch:      lwtools-port
> tag:         tip
> user:        boisy
> date:        Sun Jun 02 15:30:19 2013 -0500
> summary:     Fixed makefiles and defsfile for level 3
>
> Until there is a makefile in
> $(NITROS9DIR)/level3, level3 will not compile.
> Copying the $(NITROS9DIR)/level2/makefile there might work. (I've
> got to get to work, so I don't have time right now.

I put the one from level3/coco3_6309 there and changed it to read this:
CPU=6809
include ../coco3/makefile
AFLAGS += -DH6809=1

And I put a copy on the level2/makefile in as level3/makefile, which looks
like this now:

include $(NITROS9DIR)/rules.mak

dirs	= coco3 coco3_6309

# Make all components
all:
	@$(ECHO) "**************************************************"
	@$(ECHO) "*                                                *"
	@$(ECHO) "*             NitrOS-9 Level 3 Ports             *"
	@$(ECHO) "*                                                *"
	@$(ECHO) "**************************************************"
	$(foreach dir, $(dirs), ($(CD) $(dir); make);)

# Clean all components
clean:
	$(foreach dir, $(dirs), ($(CD) $(dir); make clean);)

# Make DSK images
dsk:
	$(foreach dir, $(dirs), ($(CD) $(dir); make dsk);)

# Copy DSK images
dskcopy:
	$(foreach dir, $(dirs), ($(CD) $(dir); make dskcopy);)

# Clean DSK images
dskclean:
	$(foreach dir, $(dirs), ($(CD) $(dir); make dskclean);)

# Info
info:
	@$(foreach dir, $(dirs), ($(CD) $(dir); make info; $(ECHO));)

But while it is now building the nos936809-coco3.dsk's, its putting them in
the level3/coco3_6309 directory.  And any of them are incomplete because
the makefiles aren't making either reboot, or fdebug.  And the rfm stuff is
dieing for lack of a definition of 'dnum'.

I can manually copy the changes I can read on the web page into my
makefiles, but when there supposedly is a facility in mercurial to make
that all automatic, that is a PIMA when it refuses to work.

Thanks Christopher.

> Christopher R. Hawks
> HAWKSoft

Cheers, Gene