[Coco] C compiler for RSDOS

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Thu Jan 31 19:24:49 EST 2013

From: Bill Pierce [mailto:ooogalapasooo at aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:35 AM

I was looking through some of the last issues of Rainbow and ran across a review and ads for a program called Coco-C which is supposed to be a C compiler for RSDOS.Does anyone know anything about this software and was it ever release/uploaded anywhere?I am very interested in compiling C in RSDOS. That would be unique to say the least.Any info?

I don't think it was ever free. I never used it, but talked to the writer. He ran a few ads in "the world of 68' micros". So I can tell you a few copies were sold, but I don't know how many, and I don't think there were many updates due to lack of general interest in the CoCo community at the time. He advertised it for a couple years then quit. You might find some early 268'm issue on the malted media archive site with ads....

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine