[Coco] Korean Coco 2 question

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Wed Jan 23 04:02:11 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 07:40:44AM -0500, Steven Hirsch wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jan 2013, John Donaldson wrote:
>
> >Way back when I had my COCO, someone told me about a liquid
> >product that I could use to make contacts more secure. It
> >basically put a thin film of gold on the contacts. I used it a lot
> >on the Cart contacts. Most of these were Tin plated. You apply a
> >coating, let it dry over night, then you could then re-insert the
> >card or device. It would last a good long while, but would wear
> >after a while and then I would re-apply a new coating. It was used
> >mainly on PC's back in the days when you were constantly
> >re-inserting plugin cards to get them to work due to the Tin
> >plating on the contacts.
>
> Sounds like Cramolin Gold.  You would use the Red product to clean
> oxide off the contacts followed by Gold to seal and protect them.
> Radio Shack carries the product, albeit it at a usurious price.

Alas, Cramolin gold isn't being made anymore. The company that made
the stuff is Caig Labs and they're still around making contact cleaners,
conditioners, etc. I know that at least Fry's carries their more popular
items on their shelves if you have one nearby. Otherwise go to the website
for Caig Labs directly and order any of their many products.

Price is still high but you can order in "consumer" quantities.

The Other Frank