[Coco] CocoDskUtilPak Issues

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Mon Jan 21 01:23:37 EST 2013

Luis,

I am looking at your 1.1.3a version of your wonderful program CocoDskUtilPak
v1.1.3 and I've found some issues.  When I look at Nitros-9 dsk files in DW4
format which are over 4MB in size, the numbers on the following lines seem
to overlap.

Files:                      65948161,085,6661,232,896147,230  88.06%

Max:                      921618434,718,0804,718,080

Free:                     855713613,632,4143,485,184 FREE BYTES

Also when I try to create a new OS-9/Nitros-9 dsk image using the maximum
values, I get a runtime error '6' Overflow error, then runtime error '0',
then the program bombs out and closes.  I then reran the program this time
creating a new OS-9/Nitros-9 dsk image using the values 2 sides, 80 tracks,
18 sectors per tracks, Sectors Bytes 256, Interleave 6, First Sector 0 and
it seemed to run find, then I noticed that the directory display window pane
is DECB.  I try copying a file for OS-9/Nitros-9 from the Windows folder to
the directory window, and it treats it as a DECB file.  Just wanted to let
you know.  Try looking at a premade Nitros-9 dsk image file and look at the
display.  You might be surprised to see the results.  J  I know it is a beta
version, that is why I want to help you test this great program.  When it is
finished, it will be one of the best PC file <-> DECB, OS-9, Nitros9, etc.
image disk file exchange programs around.  What I see so far is great! Keep
up the good work.  With further investigation, I'm getting a lot of errors
with various Nitros-9 disk image files I've collected from the internet.
One dsk in particular is in the bootdisk folder of Virtual Hard Disk folder
of the virtualharddisk.zip file I believe it was.  Runtime error '5' and
immediately crashed and all I did was click on the emu_drv.dsk file - not
even a boot disk.  The size of the image file is only 158KB which is about
the right size for a SSDD OS-9 format disk image file.  Hummm, I really
thought that one was going to work properly.  Well, this is probably enough
for you to work on for the moment.  Please me know if you have any
questions.

Kip