[Coco] Nitro OS9 Level 1 question

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Jan 8 20:56:14 EST 2013

Mr Gault,
When I looked at Nitros9 repo source for term51 under level 1, there was no place for screen colors as there is in level 2 descriptors. In it's original form, level 1 just had black/green and reverse (which was lowercase). It seems that the color is set as a default by VTIO or CoHR when running the 51 col screen.

However, the display cmds did work and I have a black/white screen which is much easier on my eyes than a black/green screen.

The whole reason I wanted this change is that almost the whole time I ran Cocos (2 and 3) in the 80s & 90s, I used a small (10 inch?) green screen Apple monitor that had a composite video input. I did programming in black/green, I played games in black/green, I scored music in black/green...  I had a program called "hires" that allowed me to run a 51 col screen in level 1...  on my monitor... black/green. Once in a while, my wife would let me use our 13" color TV from the bedroom to play games if she wanted to play Catapiller, but for the most part.... black/green.
When I got my first Packard Bell DX4 75mhz (overclocked to 100mhz) with a 13" color monitor, I was in heaven. There were colors in computer games !!!! :-)
When I started XRoar with Nitros9, cohr and term51 I almost got sick when it came up...black/green. Something HAD to be done. LMAO

Thanks a million
Bill P

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com