[Coco] Issues with 26-3022 interface

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Tue Feb 12 08:56:13 EST 2013

Daniel,

This HD mod was created by Robert Brose of our computer club many years ago.

I have done this mod, it works. I also added a line from the controller to the drive to automatically switch the transfer rate clock based upon the sensors in the drive rather than just the descriptor.

With that said...this is NO easy mod. Almost easier making a new controller.

It requires a the MB8877A(??) memory loss ATM upgrade and then there was also a speed issue running at 1.78MHZ as well. A chip that needed replacing. Was pinged this past weekend on this at Cloud-9 and haven't had the chance to look up my work in my project documentation book. I have it.

The file was up on RTSI for a long time. ????

Regards,

Mark
http://www.cloud9tech.com