[Coco] RS-232 image for VCC

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Mon Dec 16 05:11:50 EST 2013

Hi Luis!
I will be using that CF image you made shortly.  Until recently, I have not
ever been able to make my own custom boot disks and never mind about roiling
my own version of the distribution.  I've only been able to assemble small
packages like toolshed , but I've never been able to compile the entire
NitrOS-9 Distribution under CYGWIN, but not for the lack of trying.
When Gene reminded me he had been working on the NitrOS-9 distribution and
had made great progress fixing many things, I jumped at the chance to get a
copy of it, so I could start customizing my own NitrOS-9 L1 and L2 bootable
disks.  I have finally been successful tonight creating a bootable NitrOS-9
L1 51x24 display 80t DSQD  disk with the 6551 based RS-232 driver and
descriptors in the OS9boot file.
I'm now waiting for my Coco 3 to finish a similar operation.  ...  I just
checked my Coco 3 and the new NitrOS-9 L2 Coco3 80t DSQD boot disk booted
successfully and now also has the 6551 based RS232 driver and descriptors in
that OS9boot file as well.  Now I can check out my Deluxe RS-232 Pak for
proper operation and figure out where all the RS-232 pins are on 50-contact
card edge connecter of my Ken-ton Dual RS-232 pak and hopefully sort out all
the RS-232 signals and ultimately make my own Dual RS-232 cable for that
50-pin card edge connecter.  I do wish someone would come forward and create
a schematic of the Ken-ton Dual RS-232 cable they are using with their
Ken-ton Dual RS-22 Cartridge Pak, but so far no one has done so.  I would
have that a schematic would have been created by now.  If there is one, I
have not been able to find it.  Perhaps some will step up and make a
schematic available, else I'll have to make my own.
Anyway, now I'm finally beginning to make some real progress with my Color
Computer Data Center.  I need to update my Cocopedia wiki page with all my
recent activities.  I guess the next step is to determine which controllers
I wish to run on which machine, Coco 1 or Coco 3, and burn all the HDB-DOS
Eproms I'll need.  I'm going to have to order some more Coco 24-pin Eprom
adapters I made recently so I can put 2764 28-pin eprom versions of select
HDB-DOS v1.4 images in them.  Well that's about it for the moment.  Take
care my friend.
Kip