[Coco] Moratorium on using double-dash?

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Thu Dec 5 08:55:42 EST 2013

Ok, I know I've complained about this before; I don't really expect this
to go anywhere, I'm just venting, I guess.

Does anyone else on here use Thunderbird and get the list as a digest?

When I do a reply to the digest, anything after a "double-dash" gets
turned "grey" (though something else turns it back to "normal") - and
any of the messages after that point aren't a part of the reply. Thus, I
can't delete the portion I want, etc. to get what I do want (because
inevitably, it's after the double-dash.

There's been a bug fix request submitted to the TB team; that was years
ago, though - nothing has been done.

If you notice, I'm avoiding using it here in this "rant"; I try to do so
for this and other lists I am on (admittedly, not many nowadays). Maybe
I should change my subscribed email on this list to my virtual host,
then use that server to process these digests and remove the
double-dashes then forward them on...

Seems like a lot of work; I just don't understand why Thunderbird seems
to be the only mail client that interprets a double-dash symbol this way...

bah.

Andrew L. Ayers
Glendale, Arizona
http://www.phoenixgarage.org/