[Coco] Need help with 3.5" drives and NitrOS-9

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue Dec 3 20:30:22 EST 2013

When the 6809 Nitros releases first started coming out with this $21 DNS setting for 3.5" drives I decided to ignore it because I have approximately 100 dsdd 3.5" OS9 disks and I didn't feel like patching them all. Much easier to patch the occasional descriptor.

I don't know what your driver is doing different but it's obviously a software problem. Drive data rate is not tied to tpi. A 135 tpi DD disk is written to at the same speed as a 48 tpi DD disk.

Willard
Sent from Samsung tablet