[Coco] Multi-Processor 6809 Computer System

Bill Gunshannon billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Tue Apr 30 17:01:39 EDT 2013

> I don't know much about multiprocessors, but for NitrOS9 or OS-9 to take
> advantage of the multiple processors wouldn't the OS code have to be
> modified to do the load sharing/splitting?  Something has to tell the
> programs which cpu to use as well as coordinate with the shared resourses
> (screen, memory, etc.)

Of course it would.  Any change made to the design of hardware of
the COCO is going to require changes to the software.  But isn't
that what it is all about?  If you want an appiance with all the
apps done for you buy Windows8.  :-)  Even speeding up the CPU is
likely to require changes to some software or has no one here
ever seen a BASIC program with a "timing loop" in it.

bill