[Coco] Coco 2 with Color BASIC 1.3

Ben ben_jimenez at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 26 20:30:44 EDT 2013

Ben <ben_jimenez at ...> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I just got my Coco 2 connected to my tv, it boots up to
> COLOR BASIC 1.3
> (C) 1982 TANDY
>
> My first question is, how much memory does it have? the label does not
state
> this.
>
> I tried pmode, and pcls, and screen commands and they don't seem to work I
get
> a SN error.
>
> Just some questions. thanks.
>
> Ben

Looked up the model number on this coco 2 and found this

26-3134B

This is the last Korean 16K Color BASIC model. It uses the #20261058 circuit
board, which is similar to the #20261044 board. It uses two 4416 RAM chips
and a 24-pin Color BASIC 1.3 ROM in a 28-pin socket as well. However, in
addition to the 4416/4464 sockets and special daughterboard connectors,
there are pads on the board allowing direct factory installation of eight
4164 chips. This is also the board which contains the newer 6847T1 VDG chip
(which is not pin-compatible with the earlier 6847).

so it can be updated to extended basic and 64k memory? is this stuff still
out there? if so where could one find this?