[Coco] Multiple HDB-DOS 256 drive partitions Software Wanted

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Wed Apr 24 06:23:23 EDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

Now that I have figured out how to poke the MPI slot register to activate
the Floppy drives under HDB-DOS 1.1D LBA rom image in the flash memory of
the SuperIDE, I want to experiment with multiple HDB-DOS 256 Drive
partitions and some type of Huge Disk cataloging program to index all the
partitions in one big database file.

I have a 4BG hard drive connected to the IDE connector to try my hand at
formatting what I understand is the Largest hard drive capacity NitrOS-9 can
handle.  It has over 8 million LBA sectors on it.  I might have to partition
the HD into multiple NitrOS-9 partitions, but I'm going to try one huge
partition first after the HDB-DOS 256 Drives are setup.

I'm trying to find a DB9F solder connector in my spare RS-232 parts and/or
cables, but so far I have found nothing compatible yet.  I know it's in
storage somewhere.  I want to get Drivewire 4 Server communicating with my
Coco 3 SuperIDE setup.

Well, everyone have fun at the CoCoFEST.  Please let us all know about the
video feed so I watch it this year.  I had forgot about the video feed last
year, so I missed all the action.

Take care all and have fun Cocoing!

Kip