[Coco] Wolfenstein 3-D on a 4.77mhz 8088? So, 6809 port, anyone?

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Wed Apr 24 01:20:13 EDT 2013

Yes, there is a 6309.  Since the CoCo was never made with the chip (And
so few have it installed) I would say that is not part of a "On a CoCo"
subject.

I should point out that none of my games on coco 2 games used "2 pixels
per color".  They where what the CoCo 2 used was of two bit color or 4
dots per screen byte of memory.  Even the artifacting mode of was bases
on a 1 Bit Color mode, but on NTSC systems it was 2-bit color of Black,
Blue, Red and White.

I say one more time, all my CoCo 2 games were 2 bit color with 4
addressable dots per byte.  Well, on NTSC systems anyway.

What you are talking about would be only 32 pixels across the screen.
That's 1/2 the resolution of the Simi-graphics mode of the 6847.

Steve