[Coco] CoCo Linux Live CD

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sun Apr 21 16:30:54 EDT 2013

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 13:58:55 -0400
Frank Swygert <farna at att.net> wrote:

> So it looks like all Chris Hawks would have to do is install
> "Remastersys" on his RPi already set up to boot up as a virtual CoCo
> and make a live CD...

	..that would take up about 3 GIGABYTES (wont fit on any CD I've
ever seen), and will only run on a Raspberry Pi (or maybe another
Broadcom BCM2835 system on a chip).

> This could be the basis for the "CoCo4" many of us have mentioned. I
> know there are two camps -- actual hardware and emulation. Start with
> the Live CD as a virtual CoCo3, then maybe that can be enhanced to
> become a Virtual CoCo4 (VCC4). Those who must have actual hardware
> will still have the FPGA project. Would be nice if enhancements in
> the VCC4 could be matched in the FPGA version, but that might not
> always be possible. I hate to see a split, since software made for
> one may not run on the other due to different enhancements, but that
> may just have to be an accepted consequence, with the alternative
> being to do nothing...

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
"I was wearing pampers, he was getting his first car.  I was learning
the Bumblebee song at Sunshine Preschool, he was taking PDC's..."