[Coco] toolshed os9 copy question

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Apr 21 10:13:35 EDT 2013

On Sunday 21 April 2013 10:00:44 Retro Canada did opine:

> what are you doing exactly? you have a coco downstairs connected to a dw
> pc and you telnet to it from upstairs?  how is it done?

No telnet although I think that line is present in my inetd.conf on the
coco.  But it is not allowed past the router for incoming.

I have ATM 3 paths to the coco, 2 of them on Z screens which display like
the usual green screen on my linux monitor, and I have an RS232 cart as
/t2, with a shell running on all 3 in addition to about 4 screens on the
coco's own monitor.  The /t2 connection is from minicom running against
/dev/ttyS1.  This is a pure text connection at 9600 baud that I can usually
use rzsz on to move files back and forth although rzsz on the coco isn't
capable of functioning at 9600 baud, peaks are at about 6400 effective
baud.  However that seems to have gotten something stuck crossways and
hasn't worked in about a month, I suspect because of some library update on
this linux box.

Telnet, FWIW, is NOT something that we expose to the world as its a huge
attack target when it is.  There is nothing between you and mayhem except
the users name and password.