[Coco] becker and VCC1.43beta

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Apr 21 08:22:55 EDT 2013

On Sunday 21 April 2013 07:51:45 Aaron Wolfe did opine:

> On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 4:46 AM, Bob Devries <devries.bob at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Now, if I wanted to use a *different* computer to run VCC, would I
> > change the IP number from 127.0.0.1 to whatever the client computer
> > is, e.g. 192.168.1.4 in both DW4 and VCC?
>
> No... you would only change the IP address in VCC.
>
> I've added a diagram to the Ports documentation in the DW4 wiki. Maybe
> it will help clear things up?
>
> https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/drivewireserver/index.php?title=U
> sing_DriveWire#Ports

Even after reading that, which does help, I am still not enlightened enough
to be able to setup that basic09 web server, so that (and I'd have to setup
a NAT rule in my router too) someone could send their browser to my web
page, but change the port number to say 6309, and actually be accessing the
coco.  I can take care of the NATing and routing, but how would DW be
setup, and inetd on the coco be configured to accomplish this?

I'd also need to grab a copy of that basic09 web server, where is that
downloadable?  Or do I already have it as part of the DW install? I am not
seeing anything like it that I recognize, which I assume is something like
httpd.b09. This lists corpus should contain that info, but searching the
last 11 years of it comes up empty.  And I do not see it in the
3rdparty/packages/basic09 tree of my repo either.  I think its safe to say
that unless its on my web pages, I don't have it.  And its not visible
there.