[Coco] toolshed os9 copy question

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Apr 21 00:23:07 EDT 2013

On Saturday 20 April 2013 23:57:21 Retro Canada did opine:

> Gene why you make things so complicated?

I'm not trying to intentionally.

> defsfile should be on the same directory you are, like cd /dd/defs
> before and them minted defsfile
Ahh, but the defsfile is not in the defs directory, its in the root of the
zip, so I left it there, and I was cd'd to the directory I had copied it
all to.  The defsfile was right in front of me visible with a dir command.

> have no idea what key is mapped to break, the END key maybe?

Probably the one key I didn't try. :)  And the 2nd time must be a charm, I
am looking at the defsfile.  But after 5 minutes of playing, its clear that
there needs to be some sort of a translation between the pc keyboard and
minted.  I suspect it works just fine from the coco's own keyboard but I
was hoping I had found something that would let me edit a file, on the
coco, while logged into it from this chair.  FWIW, esc or end or esc+end
does nothing.  The arrow keys work as expected, page up/down by either
method is not ignored but is treated like the arrow keys.  The crtl+o
brings up the help screen but no way to exit it, ctl+s does a screen redraw
after a short delay which I assume indicates the file has been rewritten.
I did hit a combo that aborted it, and that shell is lost till I reboot I
think.  Proc from another shell says its process 10 and suspended, and a
kill 10 does nothing.

All in all I expect it will work just fine from the coco's keyboard, but
not from this one. It certainly looks fine on a dw Z screen.

Thank you Lius.