[Coco] Trouble booting NitrOS9 under MESS 148

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Apr 19 23:04:49 EDT 2013

Philip Zeigler wrote:
> Bill,
>
> I have run link.bas but that didn't make any difference.
>
> I'll try again with a 35 trk disk.  I was using an 80trk and a 40 trk. I wasn't aware that was required.
>
> I do eventually want to setup DW/Becker but my goal is to get a bootable vhd running first.  Rgbdos seemed the easiest way to go.
>
> I don't recall it being so difficult with my real coco 3 and Burke&Burke interface 20+ years ago :)
>
> Thanks for the suggestions!
>
> Philip

That should do it. All Basic drives on a .vhd image must be 35 track. So any
drive backed up to a .vhd drive must have 35 tracks.

It is also necessary that the boot module on a .vhd drive must work with .vhd
images. This is not the standard Boot module found on any of the NitrOS-9
nightly builds. The correct Boot module is in the RGBDOS package.