[Coco] Music with Floppy Drives & Hard Drives

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Fri Apr 19 22:10:18 EDT 2013

Art,
The midi signal goes into the Ardunio and is split up, one midi channel per
floppy drive.  The link below illustrates how one young man did his version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6tuMn5sPyM
Here is the plans for another version.
http://georgewhiteside.net/projects/diskette-organ/
Here is the plans for yet another one.
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-Musical-Floppy-Drives/?ALLSTEPS
Basically, the Ardunio controls the step pin and the direction pin of each
floppy drive in such a way that the movement of the stepper motor and the
Read/Write Head assembly creates tones.
I have not looked at the code yet as I am desperately trying to finish the
LogiCall review for Aaron.
Maybe I can get it running on one of my 6809 computers someday soon.  Now
that would be really cool.  Ah... another project!  Whew!  :)
Kip