[Coco] becker and VCC1.43beta

David Ladd drencor at gamepixel.net
Fri Apr 19 14:06:48 EDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 4:06 AM, Bob Devries <devries.bob at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, Aaron.
>
> Well, I did the config wizard in DW4, and also set up the becker port in
> VCC.
> VCC responds correctly, with DW ConnOK, and then R 00.0 W 00.0 (thos
> characters are SOOO small).
>
> If I try to select the server in DW5, it presents me with 127.0.0.1:65504,
> so that part is correct, but there's no "instance" in the "File/Choose
> Instance" pull-down. Also, I cannot insert a disk in the upper pane; it
> remains stubbornly blank.

The default fresh install of DW4 Server only has one instance so you wont
get a list in this case.  If you use the Instance Manager you should only
see on instance in the display box.

Also you may wish to make sure you are running the most current version of
DW4 as well since there have been many updates over the last few weeks.

> The file nos96309l2v030209coco3_becker.**dsk will not boot in VCC. It
> reads the boot track "KREL Boot Krn tb" then hangs, or sometimes adds *m.
> This happens whether or not DW4 is running.

This disk image is to be used on drive 0 of DW4 server.  Do not use this in
the virtual floppy disk drive on VCC itself as it wont work.  Reason for
this is the disk image when you do a DOS will then attempt to connect to
the DW Server to finish booting.