[Coco] [COCO} VCC 1.43beta release

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 14:52:39 EDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Brian Blake <random.rodder at gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem appears to be that you can't have the nitros-9 disk (or mostly
> likely any disk already mapped to DW4?) inserted into a floppy disk  in VCC
> - with it being accessed by DW4, it didn't like it...

Ah.. if I am following you correctly then the problem is allowing both
programs to access the same file.  That usually will not work out,
although DW4 does not leave a file locked and only locks for writes as
necessary.  Most programs lock the file the entire time they have it
loaded, and even if they don't, its really only a matter of time until
some program gets upset with the other.

You could turn off "Sync to.." in DW4, this will allow writes to the
in memory copy of the disk but will not actually write them back to
disk.  Then you can use the "Export" option to save the disk when
desired, or toggle sync to on and off to cause a write back to the
source.  Probably too much effort unless you really need it.

-Aaron