[Coco] CoCo-X project

Bill Gunshannon billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Thu Apr 18 12:05:00 EDT 2013

And now for my $.02.

I thought the price was rather high and the expected delivery time
far enough in the future for me to doubt it would ever happen.  As
I said, I backed another project once.  It raised it's money very
quickly.  It was a modest project top recreate something that had
already been done 9and this, no design phase).  And at this point
it is looking like it will be more than a year behind the projected
date and that only if it doesn't just evaporate completely.

While I really like the COCO, it is primarily for its ability to run
OS-9.  I don't see myself doing much with the graphics as I don't have
an artistic bone in my body so what I really need is a good bare 6809
system to play with  One that supported a bus that could take the PAKs
from the COC would be a real plus as well but to be honest, I have yet
to see where any of those beyond the RS232 PAK are supported in OS-9
even on the COCO.

So there is MHO.  I hope the project succeeds, but I wold not be
holding my breath waiting for it.  And if anyone decides to look
into what I sayed above, my checkbook is waiting (who knows, maybe
someone can come up with a single board 6809 system with a decent
bus and otehrs can add a graphics processor that goes on the bus and
can match the COCO graphics cpabilities although at this point I
would think something better would be wanted.)

bill

billg999 at cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |