[Coco] CoCo OS-9 termcap

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Apr 17 04:08:31 EDT 2013

On Wednesday 17 April 2013 03:48:25 Lothan did opine:

> From: Allen Huffman
>
> > Is there a termcap for CoCo OS-9?
>
> I think Gene has a termcap library on his site (look for termcap.ar). If
> I remember correctly, I think it's also on RTSI somewhere.

IIRC, DynaStar used that.  So if you had DynaStar, you needed/had it.  But
once I'd tried tsedit with the vi patch, I never looked back.  You could
start that with a 56k buffer, and edit the whole RBF.mn assembly source if
you were careful about comments.  DS's 3 paragraph, non-adjustable size
buffer made that impossible. The only way to edit something in the middle
of a file that size was to open it, cycle thru it till  you got to where
you had forgot to cross a t, fix that, and cycle through the buffer reload
pain just to write & close the file.  On a floppy system back in those
days, it was painful.

The tsedit/vi thing is now called vim on my machine, Boisy's renaming of
the VDGInt screen device names to /Vn made vi unusable as a name, but since
the string space for the name was still 6 chars long, renaming it
internally to vim wasn't anything that dEd couldn't handle.  It is still
the only editor I use, never was able to figure out how to use colorful
sled, no help docs that I've found.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Love is being stupid together.
		-- Paul Valery
dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million
          law-abiding citizens.