[Coco] Gold Plating the Tin Card Edge Fingers of Old Coco Paks, MPIs, etc.

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Mon Apr 15 17:57:33 EDT 2013

Gene,
Your solution gave me an idea.  Would the Silver Solder from a Jeweler's
repair shop be a good alternative to cutting off Gold Card Edge contacts
from old PC motherboards?  Is Silver solder able to be soldered cool enough
on a PCB to replace the tin-lead coating?  My mind is swirling with ideas.
I wonder if I can get a Jeweler to do this or if I can buy some silver
solder and do it myself.  Do Jewelers use a torch or a soldering iron?  My
sister has been in the Jewelry business for years, so I'll have to ask her.
I wonder if they could Gold Solder it also.  Still thinking.  Thanks for all
the responses so far.  I appreciate the help.
Kip