[Coco] CoCo bus interface project

Matthew Stock stock at csgeeks.org
Mon Apr 15 08:52:16 EDT 2013

Thanks Alan,

I used OSHPark (love the purple solder mask).  For me, they seem to hit the
sweet spot for turnaround and cost for small scale.  $5/sq in (no rounding)
for 3 copies of a 2 layer board, arbitrary profile, unlimited vias and thru
holes, front and back soldermask and silkscreen, etc.  Door to door it
takes about 2.5-3 weeks, free shipping.

I think the board you see cost about $35 to make.

I went with kicad, and have found it to work for me.  I thought about
Eagle, but since I do some commercial stuff, I didn't want to be locked in
to a $2k+ commercial license.  The feedback on the ExpressPCB forums is
that they haven't really updated their products in a while, and I didn't
want to be locked into a single manufacturer.  kicad interfaces pretty well
with a free autorouter tool as well, which helps get to a decent starting
point quickly for complex board routes.
  -Matt