[Coco] KryoFlux

John E. Bielak j.bielak at comcast.net
Sun Apr 14 16:44:23 EDT 2013

I haven't used that particular device, but It seems like a USB version
of the catweasel disk drive controller... which is interesting as it
means not having to mount a drive inside a (modern) system.  From what I
could gather it appears that it does low level reads and writes which
makes it  good for trying to archive, and then later replicate on
physical media, copy protected disks.  The KryoFlux would also be
particularly useful if you're trying to archive disks from a broad range
of old machines.  Though, I not sure how much use it would be if you
running emulators or one of the flash drive options.  Cost wise it is
somewhat on the pricey side,  but given that is one of those custom
small production run gadgets, it's still in line with a lot of other
retro devices I've purchased. (HcX floppy Emulator, Catweasel, 1541U,
C64 Chameleon Etc.)

-John-