[Coco] Coco 3 makes an appearance on TWiT

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Apr 12 22:39:36 EDT 2013

On Apr 12, 2013, at 9:10 PM, L. Curtis Boyle <curtisboyle at sasktel.net> wrote:

> I visited TWiT again this past week, and even had an official guest appearance on The Giz Wiz show. I also showed up in between a couple of shows (I believe my technique is called "photo bombing"). :)

That's awesome -- the CoCo got quite a bit of screen time (or at list it's video output did) and it was neat seeing all the stuff on Leo's desk, and how he was using a ROM Pak box to prop up his iPad. Very well done. I remember using BASIC to draw out logos and such. Geez, without a graphics program, I wouldn't even know where to begin to do something like that on a modern computer.

> If you want to see it, you can find the clip at:
> http://www.justin.tv/twit/b/389087756
> starting at around 4:29:00

Worth watching, folks!

And now back to debugging telnet stuff here. I have my *ALL RAM* BBS online, and it responds to telnet from my Mac, but not from my ipad. But it used to. I think I broke something with the protocol :(   (Telnet info in signature, if anyone wants to take a moment and see if they can get it to work for them.)
-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my MacBook.

22nd Annual "Last" Chicago CoCoFEST! April 27-28, 2013. Lombard, IL. http://www.glensideccc.com
And check out the CoCo-X project: http://kck.st/16fAwkf
1983 CoCo BBS ported to Arduino? Sure. Telnet: allenhuffman.dnsalias.com:2323 (nights)