[Coco] BBS

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Apr 10 11:39:01 EDT 2013

On Wednesday 10 April 2013 11:34:04 Kip Koon did opine:

> John,
> I use Putty and have been since I returned to SC back in 2001.  The link
> for Putty is here.  http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/
> It is quite versatile.  It has five connection types: raw, telnet,
> Rlogin, SSH and Serial.  It also has quite an extensive set of
> configuration pages. Try it out and see if you like it as much as I do.
> Kip

Since I'm running linux, I use minicom for my seriel stuffs.

Since I don't have a working winderz machine here, and would consider it a
virus infection if I obtained a machine with winderz installed, I can't
make a valid comparison, but minicom works for what I do, which other than
logging into the coco on its /t2 port, isn't much. I haven't dialed up to
reach my ISP in many years.