[Coco] Extended Color BASIC program on an Arduino

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Apr 7 23:19:13 EDT 2013

On Apr 7, 2013, at 8:20 PM, Ciotti <lciotti1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yea it works now.  I was able to log in using windows Telnet and PuTTY.  Cool!
>
> Are you using your own code for the ethernet bridge?

The Ethernet Shield uses a Whiznet chip which handles all the protocol stuff itself then just streams data to and from the CPU via an SPI bus. I am using the Arduino libraries for getting connections to and from the chip, and then modified my own code to change my input and output routines to use Ethernet.

Once I get it all figured out, I hope to program in some more protocol stuff. Right now the chip does the TCP UDP IP Ethernet stuff, but it would be nice to have it handle application stuff like SMTP/POP/IMAP or HTTP. Some of this could and probably should just be done on the CoCo, but it is a fun learning project to try to do more in the Arduino as well.

I can't wait until I have time to get my real CoCo out.