[Coco] 3.5" Floppies on my Coco 3!

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Sat Apr 6 16:40:14 EDT 2013

I have used a 4 drive setup with a CoCo 3 since 1994 or so.  Three 3.5"
1.44M drives and one 5.25" 360k drives with the 5.25 switched with a 3.5 as
drive 0.  OS-9 uses both sides of up to 3 drives and I occasionally rebooted
to use both sides of drives 0 and 1 in basic.  I tried 1.44M diskettes but
that was an exercise in futility.  720k diskettes just work.  King's Quest
fits on one 720k which makes for an improved playing experience.  That setup
saw little action once I got a CoCo 3 with hard drive that a friend found in
the trash around 1996.

Bruce W.