[Coco] 3.5" Floppies on my Coco 3!

Michael Graham mkgraham at gmx.com
Sat Apr 6 12:32:52 EDT 2013

I must have unusually good luck, then, as I've been using 1.44MB disks
with the hole covered as 720KB disks for a few years now, and I
generally don't have any problem reading the disks back, even a few
weeks after I've written them. I guess I haven't really tested any
longer than that, though, as I usually think of something different I'd
like to put on the disks, so I reformat and write new content to the disks.

Although, to be fair, I am using exclusively 1.44MB drives in 720KB mode
to handle the disks, and I know they won't read back on a real 720KB
drive (I did actually try that once).

--Michael